Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: A Newbie with a Question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ginbot86's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2010
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    A Newbie with a Question

    Hi everybody, I just registered on this board and need some answers.

    I may potentially be getting an Altec 1003B multicell and what I think is a 30B sectoral horn from my school gym, and possibly some woofers next to it.

    Here's the link (sorry for the spaces, it won't let me send a raw link yet): s649.photobucket . com/albums/uu219/ginbot86/Altec%20Lansing%201003B%20and%2030B/

    A. How much does each weigh (I mean the horns by themselves, including driver)
    B. Are these worth my while in the first place, and
    C. How much would these be worth if I were to sell them? (probably won't happen, but good to know)

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A Newbie with a Question

    Welcome to the forum.

    Here's a resource that will give you dimensions and weight. I reference the Altec Pro link a lot.


    Here ya go,


    Altec Lansing Professional Audio - Vintage Speakers


    -chris

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: A Newbie with a Question

    Other than stupidity, what would make them want to remove it?

    Oh - if they do yank it out, get those Duplex Ceiling Speakers too...
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: A Newbie with a Question

    Those are a great find. Get all you can! What you don't want, someone else will.
    Thanks for the photos, here is a more direct link:

    Altec Lansing 1003B and 30B :: Closer look picture by ginbot86 - Photobucket

  5. #5
    HB Super Moderator
    A Newbie with a Question


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: A Newbie with a Question

    Those pictures are extremely fuzzy I can't tell what they are (Model #'s) except the 30B sectoral.Todd if you can see that they are duplexes in the ceiling Good Eye.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member ginbot86's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2010
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A Newbie with a Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    Those pictures are extremely fuzzy I can't tell what they are (Model #'s) except the 30B sectoral.
    Sorry about that; my camera's a few years old now.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Re: A Newbie with a Question

    Quote Originally Posted by ginbot86 View Post
    Sorry about that; my camera's a few years old now.
    So is mine and it takes excellent pictures. Yours looks like a cell phone camera.

    Seems to me you are fishing for selling prices. Correct?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ginbot86's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2010
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A Newbie with a Question

    Quote Originally Posted by RonSSS View Post
    So is mine and it takes excellent pictures. Yours looks like a cell phone camera.

    Seems to me you are fishing for selling prices. Correct?
    It's a Canon point-and-shoot, and has pretty bad zooming capabilities.

    And I just want to know how much those horns would be worth if I were to sell them. However, I'm still in the process of talking to my school's administration about getting the paperwork involving removing property from their premises.

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: A Newbie with a Question

    Quote Originally Posted by RonSSS View Post
    Yours looks like a cell phone camera.
    It's not. It's a Canon IXUS 850 - a very nice little compact camera. It was probably dark up in there or the flash didn't reach.

    He is looking for prices, if he decides to sell. The multicell horns generally go for $30-50 a cell. The other stuff I don't know the prices.

    EDIT: Oh sorry, Gin posted while I was writing.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member ginbot86's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2010
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A Newbie with a Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Panomaniac View Post
    It's not. It's a Canon IXUS 850 - a very nice little compact camera. It was probably dark up in there or the flash didn't reach.

    I maxed out the 15x digital zoom and a flash overexposed the image, unfortunately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.